EIB technical note ITS procurement for urban mobility
The difficulties in procuring ITS for urban mobility may comprise:
- lack of a strategic context in which the purpose of the ITS system is defined;
- lack of interoperability and modularity leading to vendor lock-in;
- technical problems during implementation causing delays and higher costs;
- poorly performing systems with little means for redress;
- limitations on the reuse of ITS data for other purposes.
By providing detailed insights into ITS procurement practices and principles as well as putting forward a series of practical recommendations, this technical note may help build up the capacity of local authorities to procure ITS in a more efficient manner. It may also help local authorities to specify requests for EIB technical advisory services and to seek financial support for the implementation of appropriate invest.
For more information and upload click HERE.